Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm ready little baby

    Feb 12 2012
Well hello...two days overdue....almost 2 weeks into my Mom’s visit....and still no feelings of any sort of cramps or twinges.
I can honestly say that although life has been harder in the sense of caring for my little monsters with a basketball in my gut I have not felt ready to be done done done more so then I do now. Shortness of breath, mobility constraints, bladder issues and tiredness have now all taken their toll and taken me to the place of being ready. I am ready to hold my baby; I am ready to play with Kaia for longer than minutes at a time. It is funny that I say I am ready though because I still have moments where I feel like I don’t really think the reality has set in. The reality that I am going to have two monsters really hasn’t set in. I am physically ready and I have my home ready....but boy mentally I don’t think I know what is about to hit me. I don’t think Kaia really knows what is about to hit her too. I keep trying to tell her that there is a baby in my tummy and I play with her dolls like I would a newborn. But I just don’t think that any amount pretend play or talking will really prepare my little 16 month olds mind what is about to happen.
Well if it ever does happen.
   My sister in-law informed me that Erick’s late father’s birthday is on Feb 17th. Maybe that is what this little baby is waiting for. It would be a great honour. I don’t know what day or what time. But I am ready.

1 comment: